Sunday 15 October 2017

Pumpkin spice and polka dots

Marnie and I had to go to a celebration of life and we misunderstood what time it started so we had 45 minutes to kill.  Fortunately the ceremony was being held within walking distance of both a Starbucks and a Disney store.  Two excellent ways to celebrate "pumpkin spice" season.

I'm convinced this was orchestrated by the individual who's life we were going to celebrate. He would have gotten such a kick out of us fooling around before offering what comfort we could to his family.

First stop Starbucks.  For you guessed it, decaf pumpkin spice lattes.  Marnie had never had one before.  What?!  I know!  I actually introduced her to something.  Although we quickly learned that she needs a half shot of syrup because the sugar had her buzzing.


This was fantastic to watch as she zoomed around the Disney store trying on clothes and exclaiming over details.  I headed for the cars section and Marn went straight for the pajamas.  Apparently Disney pajamas are the softest, comfiest PJs on the planet.  And lo and behold, in honour of Halloween - she found these beauties:





 They are very soft.  They've got Mini.  Aaaand.... polka dots!

I spent fifteen minutes looking for the TV commercial where the woman is sitting on the bench talking about how much she loves pumpkin spice season and the guy beside her says "you mean fall?" And she says "yes, that's what I said".  But I couldn't find it anywhere so I'm leaving you with John Oliver's pumpkin spice rant.







No comments:

Post a Comment